Firstly we should know about aadhar card which is necessary to know everybody before Aadhar card Download/ How To UIDAI aadhar card download online.
Aadhaar means Foundation or Base in English. Aadhaar number contains a 12-digit unique identity number (UID Number) that can be obtained by residents of India, based on their biometric and demographic data.
The data For Aadhar is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a statutory authority established in January 2009 by the government of India, under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, following the provisions of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act, 2016.
Aadhaar is the world’s largest biometric ID system. According to World Bank Chief Economist Paul Romer “Aadhaar is the most sophisticated ID program in the world”.
Aadhar Considered a proof of residence and not a proof of citizenship, Aadhaar does not itself grant any rights to domicile in India. In June 2017, the Home Ministry clarified that Aadhaar is not a valid identification document for Indians traveling to Nepal and Bhutan.
Prior to the enactment of the Act, the UIDAI had functioned, since 28 January 2009, as an attached office of the Planning Commission (now planning commission is NITI Aayog).
On 3 March 2016 a money bill was introduced in the Parliament to give legislative backing to Aadhaar. On 11 March 2016 the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act, 2016, was passed in the Lok Sabha.
E Aadhar card Download: How To aadhar card download online
Aadhar Card is the Identification proof used by Indian citizens. It is based on biometric and demographic data. It is the world’s largest biometric identification system. It is mandated to have Aadhar card if you are a citizen of Indian, without which you would be devoid of certain advantages and services available to the citizens.
To get this 12 digit Identification number UIDAI you can visit Aadhar card centers, banks or post-offices. After the enrolment is done you would be issued a number, after which the person can follow either of the ways for E Aadhar Card Download.
Download Aadhar Card using Aadhar Number:
Follow the following steps to print and download e-Aadhar Card using aadhar Card :
Step 1. Open official UIDAI site click Here UIDAI Aadhar Card
Step 2. Press the “Download Aadhar” option, or you can visit link Aadhar Card Download
Step 3. Under the section ‘I Have’ there is “Aadhar” option, select it.
Step 4. Here fill in your 12 digit number, you can choose for “Masked Aadhar” so that all your digits are not shown.
Step 5. After filling in the verification code you will get an option to send OTP on your registered mobile number, click it.
Step 6. As you receive the OTP enter it on the site.
Step 7. Click on “Verify and Download” to get your e-Aadhar card.
Using Virtual ID(VID) for Aadhaar Card Download:
This is the latest update on the website, to get your document to follow these steps:
Step 1. Visit the official website of UIDAI and choose the “Download Aadhar” tab.
Step 2. Choose Virtual ID Select the VID in “I Have” section.
Step 3. You will be asked to fill your Virtual ID, pin code, security code, and your full name.
Step 4. You can choose to get OTP option or generate TOTP for the authentication process.
Step 5. You will receive your Aadhar Card on your system and can access it using the Aadhar Card 8 digit password, which is first four alphabets of your name, to be filled in capitals followed by birth year.
Download Aadhar Card with Enrolment Number (EID):
If by any chance you are unable to recall your Aadhar Card Number then you can always use your Enrolment Number to Download Aadhar. Steps are as follows:
Step 1. Open website uidai.gov.in
Step 2. Select the option “Download Aadhaar”.
Step 3. Now fill in your 14-digit enrolment number with 14-digit time and date values.
Step 4. Write your full name, pin code, and security code.
Step 4. Select “Request OTP”. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 5. Write this OTP on the link and select “Download Aadhaar”.
Aadhar Card Download using the name and Date of Birth:
- Visit the website for Aadhar Card Download using the name and Date of Birth.
- Here you would be asked to fill in your name, security code and registered email id or mobile number.
- Choose the “Send OTP” option.
- When you verify the OTP, your Aadhar number will be sent to your mobile number.
- Now enter this Aadhar Enrolment number on the official UIDAI website along with your full name, security code, and pin code.
- Now choose the “Request OTP” option.
- Fill in this OTP in the link and click “Download Aadhaar” to get your document.
Using DigiLocker Account for Aadhar Card Download:
DigiLocker is a platform used for issuance, sharing storing and verification of documents in e-form which is stored in the digital lockers provided to the citizens. They have collaborated with UIDAI. To get your e-copy to follow these steps:
- Open your account in Digilocker by visiting the website https://digilocker.gov.in/
- In the Sign In entering the Aadhar number.
- For verification choose OTP option.
- Enter the OTP on the website to verify your account.
- You will see “Issued Document” tab, here you can get your Aadhar card by selecting the “Save” button.
The process to download masked Aadhar card:
The difference between Masked Aadhar Card and regular is that informer the Aadhar umber is only partially visible, both are valid. The former is for added protection of your ID number. Steps for downloading Masked Aadhaar card are:
- Open https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose VID, EID or Aadhar option.
- In the preference Section select “Masked Aadhaar” and fill in all the other details like pin code, full name, Aadhar number, and security code.
- Select “Request OTP” to generate OTP for the verification process.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your registered mobile number and choose “Download Aadhaar”
Aadhaar Card Download without Registered Mobile Number:
If you don’t have a registered mobile number you would not be able to download Aadhar card online. To get your Aadhar card to follow these steps:
- Look for the nearest Aadhar Centre and visit it.
- Give your details like Aadhar number, thumb verification, retina scan.
- Also, carry other Identity proofs like Pan Card for additional verification.
- You will get a printout of the same from the concerned person at the center.
How to download e-Aadhaar using Umang App:
The steps for the same are as follows:
- Open Umang App. If you don’t have it then first download it.
- Under the All Services tab, there will be an “Aadhaar Card” option to click it.
- Choose “View Aadhaar Card From DigiLocker”.
- Sign in using your Digilocker details or Aadhar number.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number enter the same and verify.
- Aadhar Card Download can be completed by selecting the download button.
The process to take print after downloading Aadhar card
To take the print of your Aadhar Card you need to first open the document by entering the password. The password is 8- digit which comprises of the first four alphabets of your full name in the capital followed by the year in which you were born. Once you enter the password the pdf file will open, which you can then print.
Things to keep in mind while downloading Aadhar Card online
To Download Aadhar Card online you must have a registered mobile number, without which it is not possible, as the website sends the OTP to the number that is registered for authentication and verification process. You can download the card as many times as you want. The process is very simple and easy to follow.
If any Queries, please comments I will try to clear your doubts.