mAadhaar app update: Check out the new features of Aadhaar Card
A new mobile application mAadhaar has been launched to enable Aadhaar cardholders to download their Aadhaar card details on their mobile phones.
This mAadhaar App is meant to carry residents’ Aadhaar Card number and demographics data, like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Photograph on a mobile phone.
This application known as mAadhaar may be downloaded through the Google Play app store on mobile numbers registered in UIDAI’s database.
“Uninstall any previously installed versions of the mAadhaar app from your mobile. Download and install the NewmAadhaarApp,” UIDAI tweeted.
Uninstall any previously installed versions of the #mAadhaar app from your mobile. Download and install the #NewmAadhaarApp from: https://t.co/62MEOeR7Ff (Android) https://t.co/GkwPFzuxPQ (iOS) pic.twitter.com/InTs5NwakL— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) November 19, 2019
The mAadhaar app can be installed on your Android and iPhones.
Android users can download the new Aadhaar app from Google Play Store.
iOS users can download the new Aadhaar app from the App Store.
The new Aadhaar app mAadhaar has two major Update sections:
The #NewmAadhaarApp has two major sections:— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) November 20, 2019
Aadhaar Services Dashboard – Single window for all Aadhaar online services applicable to any Aadhaar holder
My Aadhaar Section – Personalised space for the Aadhaar profiles you add on your App for the selected profile. pic.twitter.com/kK3W3T9boY
1) Aadhaar Services Dashboard – Single window for all Aadhaar online services applicable to any Aadhaar holder
2) My Aadhaar Section – Personalised space for the Aadhaar profiles you add on your App for the selected profile.
Advantages of mAadhaar app are as follows:
1) There is no need to carry your original Aadhaar card wherever you go. You can use the mAadhaar app for availing all the Aadhar-based services
2) You can lock or temporarily unlock your biometrics anytime through this mAadhaar app
3) In case Aadhaar OTP is not sent to your mobile number due to some issues, you can use the Time-based OTP (TOTP) facility of the mAadhaar app, which is valid only for 30 seconds.
4) mAadhaar allows users to share their details using the QR code, thus preventing any data leak.
5)A user can share his eKYC through message or email directly.